American Innovators for Patent Reform is honored to have these distinguished leaders from the IP community provide strategic direction for the organization.
- Alexander Poltorak, Founder and Chairman of AIPR. Chairman and CEO of General Patent Corporation and co-author of two books on patents, Essentials of Intellectual Property (John Wiley & Sons Publishers, Inc., 2002) and Essentials of Intellectual Property Licensing (John Wiley & Sons Publishers, Inc., 2003). Dr. Poltorak is also managing director of IP Holdings LLC, an IP-centric merchant banking organization and idea incubator.
- Lawrence J. Udell, Vice President of AIPR. Executive Director at Intellectual Property International, Ltd. He is an inventor and entrepreneur, a popular writer and speaker on intellectual property issues, and founder of the Silicon Valley Chapter of the Licensing Executives Society (LES). Mr. Udell created over 30 successful new ventures in the past 50 years based on inventions.
- Ron Reardon, President of the National Association of Patent Practitioners (NAPP). He is also President of United Inventors Association, a registered Patent Agent with the US Patent and Trademark Office, the author of numerous patent-related articles, and President of Patents & More, Inc.
- Pat Choate, prominent economist, best-selling author and noted intellectual property expert. He is director of the Manufacturing Policy Project, a Washington, DC-based policy institute, and is the author of eight books. Dr. Choate was Tennessee’s first Commissioner of Economic and Community Development, and he co-founded the Congressional Economic Leadership Institute, a non-partisan organization that briefed Congress weekly on key economic issues.
- Mike Drummond is editor-in-chief of Inventors Digest and oversees all editorial, financial and marketing aspects of the nation’s longest-running publication in the inventor community. Mr. Drummond served two reporting tours in Iraq, including as bureau chief in Baghdad, and he was a 2008 Pulitzer Prize finalist. He is author of Renegades of the Empire (Random House/Crown Publishers, 2000), the inside story of Microsoft's computer-game and Internet ambitions.
- Alec Schibanoff is Executive Director of AIPR, serving in that post since 2009. He also serves as Vice President of Marketing for the GPC Group of Companies that includes General Patent Corporation and IP Holdings LLC, where he is the chief marketing officer responsible for all marketing activities as well as business development, strategic planning and corporate communications. Mr. Schibanoff is the author of numerous articles including “Fast Tracking the Patent Process” that appeared in the November 2010 issue of Machine Design.